Yin yoga targets the body from navel to knees, which means it is precisely whatʼs needed in today’s society. Most Americans sit all day, either at a desk, in a car, or on a plane. Sitting in a chair is one of the worst positions for the human body.
Athletes will benefit tremendously from a yin practice as well. The muscles’ supportive group (connective tissue, fascia, and joints) get a chance to stretch to provide stability and flexibility. In this weekend intensive you will learn:
- The difference between Yin and Yang
- The anatomy of Yin yoga
- The therapeutic benefits of postures and how to sequence a Restore class
- The practice of non-striving and how it influences our lives and our teaching.
- The organs & Meridians of Yin
- Simple mantras and breathing techniques to guide students to calm and relax.
- Proper Atmosphere & Ambience
*Pre-requisites for teaching Restore at Power Life: 200-Hour Power Yoga certification, completed Restore Immersion, application and audition. Limited spots available.